Office & Admin Specialist Int
Job details Salary $17.66 - $23.41 an hour Benefits Pulled from the full job description
- The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
- How to Apply:
- Execute the M State Service Commitment and Service Standards, on a daily basis, to ensure all stakeholders have a positive service experience.
- Operate Campus Store.
- Coordinate and distribute media releases for theatre and music productions and visual art events.
- Maintain athletic related web pages including but not limited to schedules, rosters, game summaries, awards, and player of the week.
- Provide campus administrative support services.
- Provide lead work for work study students as needed; perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.
- Customer Service skills sufficient to actively listen to and understand customer needs and provide accurate information and appropriate alternatives in a timely, thorough, courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- English sufficient to speak, write, prepare, edit materials (spelling, punctuation, and grammar), to ensure the accuracy and completeness of oral communication and written materials.
- Math sufficient to maintain complete and accurate financial records; balance and resolve discrepancies.
- Accounting/Budgeting/Expense skills to accurately track and record budgets to ensure accurate record budget transactions, payment of all invoices, expense vouchers, and supply and equipment orders.
- Typing/Keyboarding (40 wpm) sufficient to produce legal documents, letters, and reports.
- Data Entry Performance skills sufficient to accurately enter data into spreadsheets and databases.
- Word Processing sufficient to quickly and accurately business letters, memos, transcripts, reports, using proper business grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Spreadsheets sufficient to maintain data and produce monthly reports.
- Desktop Publishing skills sufficient to create program brochures and materials for campus events.
- Database Management skills sufficient to develop and correctly enter information in a database and to produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports for management use.
- Physical demands include sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer, some standing for extended periods of time, and light lifting of supplies and materials.
- Manage, motivate, and if necessary, terminate work-study students and volunteers.
- Well-versed in office operation procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team with many different work styles and personalities.
- Knowledge of specialized software and technical terminology.
- Advanced Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, and Database Management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Knowledgeable of the college and events that occur on campus when working with students and the general public.
- Continuing education through college courses, seminars and workshops are necessary to maintain overall skills.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.Why Work For Us:
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply:
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.Contact:
If you have questions about the position, contact Sandi Smith at [email protected] or 218.846.3869.Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Delivery Driver (Amazon Packages) Full Time, Benefits, PTO, $17.50 hrAmazon DSPJob details Salary $17.50 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Empire Logistics is excited to announce that we are hiring drivers to join1 week agoShareCincinnati, OH 45204+6 locations
AT&T Customer Service Representative (FT)ALLUREMKTG.COMJob details Salary $500 - $1,200 a week Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Allure Marketing is a well-established company that has a great culture1 week agoShareWichita, KS+1 location
RN Registered NurseHarrison Healthcare CenterJob details Salary Up to $39 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description A DEEPER COMPASSION, FOR A HIGHER PURPOSE. Nurses are at the heart of our1 week agoShareCorydon, IN 47112+31 locations
Content WriterVyral MktgJob details Salary $12 - $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description We're looking to hire a content writer to write a respective blog article,1 week agoShareRemote
Customer Service Representative Wanted Now!Mapped Out Dreams Inc.Job details Salary $750 - $900 a week Job Type Full-time Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Full Job Description Calling all Super-Stars!1 week agoShareJacksonville, FL