People Operations Director
Job details Salary $47,556 - $153,331 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Full Job Description
Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the People Team:
The People Team’s mission is to help unlock the power of human potential at Chief. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, clears barriers, builds trust and fosters a sense of belonging for all - maximizing the most important driver of our success: our people.
About the Role:
As Director of People Operations, you will be instrumental in scaling and supporting Chief’s People function. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to support our 100+ person team.
You’ll be responsible for HR Systems, Total Rewards, Benefits, Compliance, People Analytics and, importantly, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be both strategic and a doer - expertly zooming out and seeing the bigger picture, while also being adept at focusing on the tiny details while you build programs and procedures that scale. From rolling out seamless payroll and onboarding flows to leveling up our HR systems as we grow, you’ll make sure we are building a strong foundation for growth and always preparing ourselves for the next stage - all while making sure that maintaining an inclusive and equitable workplace remains center to everything that we do.
- In partnership with the larger People team and Senior Leadership at Chief, architect and guide diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and best practices, helping to ensure that they are embedded in all People team processes and that team members across the business feel supported and empowered in their own efforts to build balanced and inclusive teams
- Design and implement a comprehensive and progressive total rewards strategy - including traditional and non-traditional benefits, employee well-being, leave management - all while making reference to benchmarks and assessments of market data
- Develop strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs, and partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure it’s part of a comprehensive Employer Branding strategy
- Oversee benefits administration
- Drive procurement process for the entire People team technology stack, from application tracking to payroll and benefits administration
- Partner with People Team leadership to keep track of, report on and drive meaningful insights and actions around metrics related to talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, retention, etc.
- Guide a best-in-class employee experience from onboarding to offboarding and almost every touch point an employee has with the People function in between
- Partner with the internal teams to influence the creation and implementation of high quality, actionable processes and ensure operational readiness based on best practices
What You’ll Bring:
- A passion for helping to build workplaces where everyone feels a sense of belonging through a commitment to impactful diversity, equity and inclusion strategies
- Strength in developing creative solutions to address scaling challenges
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of team members to find solutions, increase productivity, efficiency and team success
- Commitment to building industry leading and progressive in our total rewards programs, regularly monitoring external trends to proactively adjust our total rewards programs to stay competitive in the market
- An eye to ensure Chief’s compensation and benefits programs are supportive of our diversity and inclusion programs
- Experience in creating, designing, and maintaining effective dashboards and other data delivery methods to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a high growth (ideally scaling startup) environment, multi-task, prioritize effectively, and adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Experience in similar People Operations role, ideally in a high growth organization
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,556.00 - $153,331.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Team Member (Immediately Hiring) - Up to $19.25AmazonUp to $19.25 an hourJob details Salary Up to $19.25 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate Pay rate: Up to6 hour agoShareBremerton, WA 98312
Customer Engagement AssociateThe Coca-Cola CompanyJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description At the Coca-Cola Company we believe the consumers are the center of our business and we’ve created a6 hour agoShareAlpharetta, GA 30009+1 location
Part-Time (30 hours) Associate Banker - Second Ave and 106th St - New York, NYJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Job details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description At JPMorgan Chase, we have an obsession for taking care of our customers and employees and making them feel6 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Machine Learning EngineerNN TechUp to $100 an hourJob details Salary Up to $100 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Python: 5 years6 hour agoShareRemote
Impact, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E) SpecialistAmerican StandardOverview: About SATO Created in 2012 with the aim to tackle the global sanitation challenge, SATO is an award-winning social business with the purpose to offer6 hour agoShareUnited States