Location Los Angeles, CA
Entity Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
The Enterprise Southern California office is seeking a fellow to support our Policy program, with a focus on shaping housing and homelessness policy at the state and local level. Enterprise is deepening its commitment to the regional crises in housing and homelessness by supporting our partners in advocacy efforts, systems change, and taking advantage of policies and programs that increase affordable housing and reduce homelessness. The tasks and initiative the fellow will work on will include the following:
1) Work to execute Project 100, which is the Skid Row Pilot to House 100 Women led by Mayor Garcetti’s Office and the Director of Skid Row Operations;
2) Work to assist Program Director in developing a Racial Equity Action Plan for the Southern California office, which may include supporting the Undesign the Redline Exhibit on housing discrimination in Los Angeles;
The result of the fellow’s work over their six-month tenure will be execution on the process for housing women through Project 100, including assisting with placing women in housing for the final two months of employment. Additionally, the fellow will be credited with assisting the Program Manager for developing a completed Racial Equity Action Plan for the Southern California office.
We need a talented and passionate fellow that can help execute on Project 100 and that can assist in growing this programmatic focus through policy research and analysis, assessing the needs of and responding to a diverse set of stakeholders, supporting the coordination and planning of events, external meeting attendance, and keeping abreast of the local responses and feelings regarding housing and homelessness in southern California. Preferred candidates should demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills, a commitment to creative problem-solving, and the desire to expand their knowledge of state and local government, policy initiatives, and external communications. They should also be able to prioritize and manage work to meet deadlines, to handle highly confidential information, and to absorb and synthesize information quickly and adjust facilitation strategy accordingly.
This position will report to the Senior Program Director of Policy and work in close collaboration with members of local and national Enterprise’s Solutions team and Market Leader, to:
- Execute on the strategy set forth in Project 100 to House 100 Women in Skid Row
- Participate in, and when needed, facilitate Enterprise-led meetings with nonprofit and/or public agency partners
- Track current state and local policy initiatives that effect on housing and homelessness
- Analyze state and local policy in preparation of making advocacy recommendations
- Prepare briefs on each piece of policy Enterprise SoCal takes a position on
- Support Sr. Program Director in preparation for program work on both policy and racial equity related assignments
- Anticipate and respond to the program needs of community partners and staff
- Ability to perform policy analysis and summarize findings
- Knowledge and passion in government, public policy, community development, affordable housing, and homelessness
- Knowledge in racial, ethnic, socio-economic class, sexual orientation, gender and age-based initiatives focused to advance historically marginalized populations
- Highly motivated and independent performer
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Comfort and expertise with meeting facilitation and public presentations
- Excellent writing skills
- High professional standards and expectations
- Good judgment and an ability to exercise discretion
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new projects, programs, and protocols
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and online platforms
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness to work as an effective, enthusiastic member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- THOUGHTFUL- Creative, strategic thinker with demonstrated imagination and flexibility.
- INFORMATIVE- Effective written and oral communication skills.Excellent presentation skills. Thoughtful listener. Direct and open communication style.
- DEDICATED- Dedicated self-starter who is accustomed to taking initiative, and driving toward results, has a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, dedication, creativity and perseverance.
- PROFESSIONAL- Mature in demeanor, actions, and attitude, toward external audiences and colleagues.
Laundry AttendantComfort Inn McAlesterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearHighgate Hotels: Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the2 hour agoShareMcAlester, OK 74501
Pastor of Youth and Young AdultsThe United Methodist ChurchBelmont United Methodist Church Nashville, Tennessee Full Time BELMONT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH Job Title: Pastor of Youth and Young Adults Type:4 hour agoShareNashville, TN
NV Commercial Business TechnicianEnd 2 End$700 - $1,250 a weekNo Experience? No problem! Experience is not required! End 2 End offers a comprehensive paid training program, allowing you to earn while you learn! Training at End4 hour agoShareRemote in North Las Vegas, NV 89030+2 locations
Host/HostessBlue Mountain ResortWHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: We are seeking a punctual, detail-oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited for an opportunity to provide a4 hour agoSharePalmerton, PA 18071
Research TranscriberPrinceton UniversityOverview: The Handwritten Text Recognition project at the Princeton Geniza Lab aims to train a computer model to recognize and automatically transcribe texts from10 hour agoSharePrinceton, NJ 08542