Under the supervision of the Director of Mail, Document, and Distribution Services (MDDS) in collaboration with the Associate Director and Assistant Director, position provides reception and administrative support for all MDDS departments. Position acts a central receptionist greeting guests, answering inquiries, providing general information, triaging phone calls, and transferring calls to responsible party. Responsible for purchasing functions utilizing the UCLA procurement system. Prepare and process monthly billing for all service units within MDDS. Respond to customer billing inquires and perform billing adjustments or recommend solutions to department managers. Perform database maintenance, accounts receivable, reconciliation and records management functions. Produce and distribute daily billing reports and monthly reports as assigned. Provide administrative support with postal inventory accounting, postage stamp sales, check deposits (UCLA Cashnet System), and check ordering. Provide receptionist support as needed. Assist with other general office duties as assigned.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1.High school diploma or equivalent plus four years' experience in a University setting performing administrative duties.
2. Computer skills sufficient to process transactions in UCLA systems and working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs.
3. English reading, writing, and language skills meeting professional standards in order to provide high quality customer service, interact with departments, and produce reports.
4. Knowledge concerning the principles of and demonstrated skill in billing and accounts receivable procedures.
5. Skill in performing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
6. Ability to type with accuracy and moderate speed to input data into mail processing and billing systems.
7. Organizational skills to prioritize varied duties effectively while maintaining a high level of productivity, accuracy, flexibility, and attention to detail.
8. Skill in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
9. Writing skills meeting professional standards, in order to produce business correspondence.
10. Knowledge of UCLA Financial systems or experience with equivalent financial systems.
11. Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
12. Ability to lift and carry boxes from floor-to-shelf or shelf-to-floor weighing up to 30 pounds.
Additional Posting Information
CX-Clerical & Allied Services
External Posting Date:
Administrative Assistant - 10 MonthRandolph Public School DistrictUp to $28.72 an hourThe Donovan Elementary School Principal's Administrative Assistant is a full-time school year position.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *Oversee, coordinate, organize and3 hour agoShareRandolph, MA 02368
Receptionist/ ClericalWhitaker Construction CompanyOverview: Job Summary: A Receptionist is responsible for promoting the professional image of Whitaker Construction Co. through a friendly, courteous manner and4 hour agoShareBrigham City, UT 84302
ReceptionistMcKeever RV$11 an hourMcKeever RV & Marine, a busy RV Dealer has an immediate opening for a quality part-time receptionist to join our team. We are a family owned and operated dealership4 hour agoShareSweetwater, TN 37874
Volunteer ReceptionistCouncil on Aging of St. Lucie, Inc.Estimated $23.1K - $29.3K a yearThis is an unpaid position. REQUIREMENTS A. EDUCATION: High School Education or equivalent. Business, college or clerical courses a plus. B. SKILLS: Extensive knowledge19 hour agoShareFort Pierce, FL 34950
ReceptionistAmericare$18 an hourAmericare's quality of service begins with the superior qualifications of each member of our staff. The Americare Companies provide myriad healthcare services including22 hour agoShareBrooklyn, NY 11234