Zero Conversion Commodities Program Assistant
Location open to Brazil or USA
#LI-REMOTEWHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
Within TNC´s global program Provide Food and Water Sustainably, TNC’s Zero Conversion Commodities (ZCC) strategy is a mature body of work originating with partnerships with soy traders to curb deforestation from soy expansion in the Amazon in the early 2000s. Traders and meatpackers are the narrowest nodes in commodity supply chains, meaning the point in which relatively few actors touch the vast majority of the supply, making them key targets for our corporate engagement and influence strategies. The strategy focuses on both soy and beef, aiming to halt habitat conversion caused by commodity production in three highly biodiverse and threatened biomes: the Brazilian Amazon, the Brazilian Cerrado, and the Gran Chaco of Argentina and Paraguay. Other commodities including palm oil, with a focus on Indonesia may also be included in the ZCC´s portfolio.WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The ZCC Program Assistant is part of the Global Provide Food and Water Sustainably Priority, under the Zero Conversion Commodities team, reporting directly to the Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Specialist. This role will have close interaction with a large multi-disciplinary and multi-geographies team spread (but not limited) in Brazil, Argentina, U.S., U.K., and China. The ZCC Program Assistant will work toward meeting the strategic, operational, and administrative priorities of the ZCC Strategy. This position will work approximately 50% of the time to coordinate all aspects of planning, drafting, signing, payment, filing and information sharing of products and deliverables from contracts and grants under, but not limited to, the Conservation and Markets Initiative project, the flagship project of the ZCC Strategy. The other 50% of the time, they will coordinate operational and administrative tasks for the ZCC Strategy, such as calendar management, organizational chart updates, e-mail lists, organization of documents and materials into MS Teams, expenses control, scheduling calls, and online meetings while serving as “project coordinator” of the projects under the strategy and supporting the organization of in-person meetings including the logistics arrangements.WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone proactive, detailed-oriented, and with solid customer-service and organization skills. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team! You will collaborate with the Zero Conversion team to achieve the objectives of our key pillars: Private Sector Leadership, Transparency, Financial Incentives, and International Policy.
Specific activities include:
- Proactively follow and promote our Code of Conduct both internally and externally, continuously and consistently demonstrating alignment with our values.
- Smooth and efficient running of the contracts process for the ZCC project, including aligning and planning with both TNC Project Managers and external vendors, partners, and business relations to facilitate the drafting and signing of contracts.
- Maintain a central filing system for agreements, approvals, and final products for both audit/compliance records and facilitating information sharing across the ZCC team internally at TNC and more broadly across the collaboration.
- May perform Information Systems, Human Resources, and Finance administrative tasks related to contracts and grants, including filling out forms and obtaining relevant approvals, as well as preparing reports on contract and payment due dates and contract disbursement forecasts and facilitating hiring processes while liaising with in-region HR/Operations teams.
- Maintain, track and research data, produce and review reports, and perform simple analysis on contract execution and efficiency.
- As a Certified Contracts Specialist, provide guidance in satisfying administrative requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. Additionally, provide support and targeted training related to contracts and grant agreement planning and drafting and implement processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness.
- Communicate with staff in various programs across the Conservancy, such as the Legal, Finance, Operations and Insurance teams, both as part of the daily work specific to the strategy, as well as sharing best practices and participating in meetings that seek to improve efficiencies beyond any particular project. Additionally, communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
- Perform occasional out-of-hours calls when needed, if receiving a pipeline of projects that may increase in China and Indonesia.
- TNC has an occupational safety policy that aims to protect employees, partners and the communities where it operates and serves. COVID-19 vaccine is a minimum requirement for all positions. Where applicable, as far as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience or equivalent combination.
- Fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish (written and verbal).
- Experience coordinating administrative processes.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading of reports.
- Experience in managing and/or writing contracts
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities and solving problems.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Excellent customer service skills and focus.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of current trends in specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.APPLY NOW
To apply for job ID 52570, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact [email protected]
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.
Office ManagerPatenaude & Felix, APC$20 - $24 an hourFull-timeMonday to FridayPatenaude & Felix, APC is looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to join our firm Portland, Oregon office. Do you want to work for a law firm that offers you9 minute agoSharePortland, OR 97201 (Downtown area)
Copy Editor, CNNWarnerMediaFull-timeEvery great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are… When9 minute agoShareAtlanta, GA
Application Pursuit SpecialistSnowflake$176,000 - $276,000 a yearWe’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’9 minute agoShareRemote
Texas Program SpecialistParents As TeachersEstimated $41.2K - $52.1K a yearAPPLICANT MUST LIVE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS Position Summary The Texas (TX) Program Specialist is responsible for supporting Texas affiliates of PATNC. These programs9 minute agoShareRemote in St. Louis, MO 63146
Regional Knowledge Management, Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation (KLM) Officer - AfricaProject HOPEFrom $56,000 a yearRegional Knowledge Management, Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation (KLM) Officer - Africa, Global Health Location: Africa Region (in a country where Project HOPE21 minute agoShareUnited States