Call Center Crisis Worker
PRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US. We are a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with behavioral health care challenges and individuals who face life crises. PRS offers a culture where employees enjoy coming to work, are accountable, and can excel in the services they provide.
If you are looking to gain experience in mental health, working with diverse populations and supporting individuals in complex life circumstances, this is an ideal position. This position will benefit a candidate pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other Human Services specialties.
We are seeking Part-time and Full-time Crisis Workers to join us as remote First Responders. You will answer local and national crisis hotline calls, chats, and texts, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. PRS CrisisLink is a nationally recognized Crisis Center of Excellence and Accredited Contact Center.
Part-time (16-18 hours) and Full-time (40 hours) shifts available
Remote work environment.
All shifts are in EST.
We are a 24/7 Crisis Call Center and have numerous shifts available to cover these hours.
Pay is $17/hour and increases to $20/hour upon completion of training.
(weekend/holiday availability required)
- Respond to crisis contacts (phone, text or chat) by greeting clients and establishing rapport by being accepting, empathetic, objective, non-judgmental, non-directive, and responsive to the feelings of the callers or texter.
- Explore the client's emotional and mental state using active, positive, comforting, and problem-solving language; following established protocols; identifying warning signs; and assessing the degree of clients' risk.
- Provide referrals to resources; call for emergency medical treatment and/or police intervention, if necessary.
- Experience in Mental Health, crisis, populations with Developmental Disabilities or clinical knowledge preferred.
- Undergrad in Psychology, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Computer experience and proficient typing skills required.
- Private space to work and hard-wired internet connection required.
As remote first responders, it is critical that all workers are equipped with technology that allows them to perform their role effectively and safety. To that end, below are the minimum technology requirements for running our phone system and documentation platforms.
- Reliable ISP (Internet service provider) with a connection you can hard wire.
- You can find basic directions for hard wiring your device HERE
- PC Requirements (Directions for locating this information HERE)
- Windows 7 or newer
- 8 GB of RAM or greater
- i5 processors, Ryzen 5 processor, or newer
- Mac Requirements (Directions for locating this information HERE)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) operating system or newer
- 8 GB of RAM or greater
- Core i5 processor or newer
- No Chromebooks as they do not have enough memory to run our systems
PRS has been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for in the U.S. and we are growing! Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence, and community integration for adults living with behavioral health care challenges.
"Changing Lives. Saving Lives."
Equal Opportunity Employer. Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are unable to hire in the following states:
Ohio, North Dakota, Washington, Wyoming, California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, or Michigan.
Sales RepresentativeAnchor Wave Internet SolutionsEstimated $71.1K - $90K a yearRole (overview of the position): The Web Strategist is our front line sales position. You are tasked with creating prospects and closing inbound leads. Your role is also4 minute agoShareRemote
Amazon Warehouse Worker - Anytime PayAmazon WarehouseShift: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat 08:30pm - 12:30am Duration: PART_TIME Start Date: 2023-06-22 Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate Job17 minute agoShareWoodbury, MN 55129
Student - SLWC Bowling Alley and GamingUtah Valley UniversityEstimated $28.4K - $36K a yearPosition Announcement Utah Valley University is seeking a student to assist the Student Life and Wellness Center. Summary of1 hour agoShareOrem, UT 84058 (Sunset Heights East area)
Training and Development AsstDept of Family & Protectve Svc$2,194 - $3,446 a monthFull-timeThe Academy Manager Training Assistant: Work involves assisting with the preparation of educational and training programs. Under the guidance of the CPS1 hour agoShareArlington, TX 76011 (East area)
STAFF SPECIALISTDuke UniversityEstimated $53.6K - $67.8K a yearDuke University: Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading1 hour agoShareDurham, NC 27710 (Duke West Campus area)