Apple - Cupertino, CA
Summary Posted: Feb 16, 2023 Weekly Hours: 40 Role Number: 200461955 The Mac system performance and architecture (SPA) team is responsible for all aspects of Mac performance spanning hardware (CPU, GPU, DRAM, storage), software (OS, drivers, applications), and other system characteristics (thermals, power, acoustics). This spans performance modeling, guiding architecture tradeoffs, performance verification, performance debug, and workload characterization. We are looking for a system administrator to handle a compute farm and a collection of end-user systems as a System Administrator for SPA. If this sounds like you, please consider applying! Key Qualifications
- 3+ years system administration MacOS, Linux and Windows experience for workstations, compute farms, and data centers
- Scripting experience: unix shell scripting, zsh, python
- Homebrew or other package manager
- Experience managing TCP/IP networks
- Experiences providing customer support to non-technical and technical end-users across more than one physical site
- Good problem solving skills in complex and changing environments
- Passion to learn new technology, hardware and software
- Physical demands associated with this position include occasionally lifting & carrying machines into a server rack. (up to 40 lbs)
- Experience managing Quantum SAN in media production
- Experience with virtualization, docker setup and administration
- Administrating MacOS systems with Jamf or MDM
- Experience with package managers and building package installers for Mac OS
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $97,700 and $206,900, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Remote Seasonal Contact Center Rep - Part Time - NCREI$15.30 - $17.00 an hourPart-timeDay shift +2What's cool about this job Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our37 minute agoShareRemote in North Carolina
ReceptionistPOWER Engineers, Inc.$40,000 - $45,000 a yearFull-timeReceptionist POWER is seeking a full-time Receptionist to work in our Denver, Colorado office for the Corporate Administrative Services Group. At POWER Engineers,1 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80235
Mechatronics and Robotics ApprenticeJLLEstimated $50.6K - $64.1K a yearApprenticeshipJLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally. Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class1 hour agoShareCarencro, LA
Chemical Production OperatorallnexUp to $38 an hour8 hour shift +1At allnex, you can go to work knowing you make a lasting impact on the world around you. Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products; from interior1 hour agoShareEast Saint Louis, IL
Researcher 5 - Vascular/Brain Aging and Alzheimer’s DiseaseUniversity of MinnesotaFull-timeAbout the Job: How lipids and lipoproteins contribute to vascular and brain aging and Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is unclear. We have a Researcher 5 or higher3 hour agoShareMinneapolis, MN