Administrative Assistant 3 - Office of Homeless Youth (09582)
At the Department of Commerce, we are creative, collaborative, and trusted. We identify opportunities to deliver critical funding and services to strengthen communities, we cultivate an environment in which we continuously learn, and we own our work. Commerce administers over 100 different programs to strengthen communities in Washington State. We are a small but mighty community with approximately 500 team members.
The Housing Division (HD) partners with local governments, Tribes, housing authorities and nonprofits to develop and preserve affordable housing, promote individual and family self-sufficiency, and reduce adult and youth homelessness.
This Administrative Assistant 3 provides high-level administrative support and services to the Deputy Director (DD) of the Office of Homeless Youth (OHY) as well as the Executive Director (ED), program managers, and unit staff. This position is a member of the Lead Support Team and assists with the development and recommendation of division policies and best practices to ensure quality, streamlining, and cohesiveness that meet the needs of our internal and external customer. Is responsible to ensure staff members understand these administrative processes. This position also applies knowledge of manager's and program manager's work commitments, including status of projects or nature of agreements, in responding to internal or external inquiries.
The Administrative Assistant 3 relies on knowledge of state government and administrative policies and procedures, office methods, research methods and data collection to support day-to-day functions and the smooth operation of the OHY. The following are some of the duties performed in this role.
Administrative support to the DD, ED and Unit Staff
Act as liaison/coordinator with all agency offices, including but not limited to, the offices of Information Services, Human Resources, and Office Services.
- Serve as liaison between the DD, ED and other staff members, as appropriate, transmitting assignments and reviewing for appropriateness and consistency with agency policy.
- Coordinate all office operations, questions and/or needs of OHY staff and the DD and ED.
- Keep the DD and ED aware of internal and external deadlines and maintains prioritization of work activities.
- Exercise delegated authority to assign, instruct, and check the work of all professional staff in the unit.
- Attend advisory meetings. Transcribe and distribute meeting notes.
- Prepare reports, portions of plans, and office policy and procedure manuals.
- Establish and ensure adherence to administrative protocols. Responsible for developing new office protocols and strategies or modifying existing ones.
- Complete the preparation of documents related to travel, purchasing, payroll, budget, personnel, and event coordination.
- Exercise delegated signature authority for correspondence, purchasing, travel vouchers, invoices and timesheets when needed.
- Prepare responses to Governor’s Office referrals, correspondence, and phone calls for individuals asking for help finding or keeping housing.
- Track all unit documents routed for signatures.
- Track expenditures for assigned councils or workgroups.
- Meet scheduling, logistics, agendas, and note-taking for unit meetings and meetings with the State Advisory Council on Homelessness, Interagency Council on Homelessness, Continuum of Care Balance of State Steering Committee, and other advisory or stakeholder groups.
- Manage the DD and ED schedules, including regular meetings with staff and external clients.
- Coordinate all personnel actions for the unit, including recruitment, selection/interview, reference checks, appointments, promotions, and set-up and onboarding new employees.
- Ensure position descriptions, work schedules, telework agreements, and performance evaluations are kept current and in accordance with division and agency processes and guidelines.
- Coordinate timesheets and Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) requests.
- Coordinate training and conferences for all unit staff.
- Participate in the Division Lead Support team and perform additional duties associated with division-wide support such as helping with division meetings and working collaboratively to develop division procedures.
- Coordinate staff moves, cubicle setups, on-boarding and off-boarding staff, equipment and furniture provisioning, and other administrative needs or changes for the unit.
- Coordinate division-wide events.
- Cover and act as backup for the reception desk as needed.
High School Graduation or GED
Three years of progressively responsible experience in office/administrative, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work. Formal higher education will substitute year-for-year of experience.
- Advanced-level expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of web management.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively, both verbally and in writing; writing skills necessary to develop letters and provide summary reports; comprehension skills to successfully translate verbal and written information.
- Ability to independently determine, organize, and prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to insure a smooth-flowing, productive work unit.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff and maintain respectful demeanor in stressful situations.
- Ability to work under changing deadlines.
- Budget experience.
- Communications experience.
To be considered for this position the following are needed:
A complete and detailed online application
- A Cover letter (enter online);
- At least three (3) professional references (enter online).
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of your application. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. For questions about this recruitment, please contact Jose Dominguez at 360-810-0182 or [email protected]
Work Location - Olympia, WA
This position may be required to come into the Olympia, Washington office occasionally as business needs arise. I t is anticipated that interviews for this position will be held using virtual videoconferencing. You will work with your supervisor to identify an appropriate work schedule and balance.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) , state employees must be fully vaccinated prior to your first day of employment. Your vaccine status will be verified prior to an offer of employment. Please reach out to Human Resources Specialist Jimmie Wimberly at [email protected] if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
The Washington State Department of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application, testing, or interview process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (360) 725-2650. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Administrative SpecialistUS National Telecommunications and Information...$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties As an Administrative Specialist, you will perform the following duties: Establish, maintain and support managerial, executive functions and associated37 minute agoShareWashington, DC 20230 (Downtown area)
FISH AND WILDLIFE BIOLOGISTU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service$66,214 - $103,176 a yearFull-timeDuties As a FISH AND WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST your duties will include but are not limited to the following: Conducts formal and informal consultations pursuant to38 minute agoShareTemporarily Remote in Albuquerque, NM 87102+7 locations
ARTS AND CRAFTS PROGRAMMERUS Air Education and Training Command$18.46 an hourPart-timeDuties The Arts and Crafts Center Programmer will serve as the Assistant Manager to the Arts and Crafts Center Manager in the operation of the Arts and Crafts38 minute agoShareHolloman AFB, NM 88330
Admissions Representative - RemoteAuguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts$25.00 - $27.88 an hourFull-time8 hour shiftDescription: Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school's43 minute agoShare+1 locationRemote
Help Desk Coordinator (Remote 6 week effort, $15/hr)Titan Technologies$15 an hourFull-time +28 hour shift +1Job Summary: TelaForce, a Titan Technologies company, is seeking temporary Help Desk Coordinators to provide Tier 1 Technical Support and Customer Service Support in43 minute agoShareRemote