Customer Account Representative
Shelter Insurance - Henderson, NV
$20.49 an hour
A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!The Customer Account Representative provides services to policyholders whose insurance business has been permanently assigned to Marketing or temporarily assigned while an agency is vacant. Performs underwriting selection based upon quality of business and acceptability, accepts or denies coverage requested (binds coverage per assessed needs). Evaluates existing business and exercises judgment regarding retention and rating of business. Makes recommendations and initiates course of action when consulted by company personnel and employees in field. Consumer Reports may be ran on final candidates.
Minimum starting salary: $20.49 per hour
If interested, please apply by:07/29/2019 Essential Duties
- Provides insurance services to policyholders assigned to Marketing, as well as other policyholders who temporarily do not have an agent or are unable to make contact with a local agent. Involves underwriting, risk selection, rating, writing and binding new applications and policy changes and knowledge of varied underwriting requirements for various agencies serviced.
- Performs immediate processing and completion of most changes. Handles various other requests orally and in writing from policyholders, Claims personnel, mortgagees, loss payees, car dealers, agents, Marketing and Underwriting. Must be able to determine acceptability, proper rating and classification of risks.
- Makes outbound telephone calls to existing and prospective customers to solicit, sell and service insurance products.
- Handles various insurance requests from customers visiting Home Office if Manager is unavailable.
- Serves as legal witness on behalf of the company as requested.
- Takes field trips as requested.
- Acts as Liaison between insured and adjuster to resolve problems and/or secure settlements.
- Reviews policy information to determine whether risks should be re-examined for cancellation or other action. Gives Underwriting advice and approval to temporary secretaries and agents servicing business in vacant agencies.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Field Support Manager.
- Essential Duties as described in this document are general in nature and should not be construed as encompassing all duties and/or functions of this job.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with policyholders and other Shelter employees.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an insurance agent license in each of Shelter's operating states.
- Ability to analyze risks, exercise judgment and make decisions with speed.
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks effectively.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to operate both the agent operating systems and the Home Office operating systems to process changes and submit new applications.
- Ability to operate personal and mainframe computer terminals with speed and accuracy, fax machine, photocopy machine, and calculator.
- Ability to maintain schedules (including holidays) and work well with others.
- Courses in general insurance, business and communication required at the college level of study, in-house training courses and IIA courses in General Insurance or Associate in Underwriting.
- Several years experience working with multiple lines of insurance, preferably including two or more years at Shelter and knowledge of Underwriting rules and state regulations for all operating areas.
- Works under general supervision and exercises considerable discretion to accept or deny requests for coverages and changes, as well as makes recommendations to non-renew or cancel policies.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of all products in all lines, as well as underwriting rules, state regulations and policy forms for all states in which Shelter operates.
- Accountable for devoting proper attention to errors and omissions risks in all states Shelter operates in with every transaction.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in such a manner as to minimize the risk of legal action against Companies.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Grants and Contracts Specialist IIPublic Health Institute$65,086 - $79,722 a yearFull-timePOSTING NUMBER: #1268 POSITION TITLE: Grants and Contracts Specialist II CLOSING DATE: Until Filled LOCATION: Remote, CA14 minute agoShareRemote in California
Membership Accounting Specialist - Remote (AK, AZ, ID, OR, TX, WA)Moda HealthEstimated $37.2K - $47K a yearFull-timeLet’s do great things, together Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused14 minute agoShareRemote in Texas
Customer Service Advocate - Remote in New YorkUnitedHealthcareFull-timeOvertime$1500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates If you are located within the state of New York, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you14 minute agoShareRemote in New York, NY 10013
Police Records TechnicianCobb County Government$36,421 - $56,452 a yearFull-timePosition Information This position is located in the Central Records Unit of the Cobb County Police Department. The schedule for this position requires shift15 minute agoShareMarietta, GA 30060
Filing ClerkArc - Imperial ValleyEstimated $26.7K - $33.7K a yearPart-timeSUMMARY: Under general direction of the Human Resource Director, or designee, will perform a variety of duties not limited to but including filing; create electronic15 minute agoShareEl Centro, CA 92243