Customer Services Representative
Customer Services Representative positions perform specialized and complex customer service work in a centralized utilities customer services section; research and resolve billing problems; process new service; service restoration requests; respond to inquiries and complaints relating to a wide variety of utility account management issues; the initiation and/or termination of water service, and report water system repair issues; research and resolve billing complaints; take applications for water turn-ons and turn-offs; reconcile and adjust customer accounts; research delinquent accounts; initiate field investigations and explain results to customers; research records to determine whether deposits are required or extensions should be granted; verify payment information; perform collection efforts on delinquent accounts; establish payment schedules for delinquent accounts; process bankruptcy notices and orders; query and post information to computerized records; explain departmental billing and collection policies and procedures to customers; and perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: One year of full-time clerical experience which MUST include a minimum of six months of full-time customer service experience in a high-volume customer services section performing ONE of the following:
- As a Customer Service Representative for a water utility agency.
- Processing remittance payments in a centralized billing system.
- In a job performing at least TWO of the following customer service functions as PRIMARY job duties:
- Providing information to the public.
- Researching, reconciling, and resolving billing inquiries.
- Performing initial delinquent accounts collection work.
- Processing applications for service.
- Responding to inquiries and complaints from the public regarding utility services.
- Qualifying experience must be gained performing functions strictly for the purpose of providing customer service.
- Retail experience and general customer contact experience is NOT qualifying, unless you have performed the duties as specified in Option 3.
- If you are using Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA) experience to qualify, you must submit written documentation signed by your appointing authority or payroll specialist, detailing the work you performed, dates, and total number of qualifying OCA hours. OCA experience without the required documentation will NOT be considered.
- Typing certificates obtained from the internet are NOT acceptable.
- If you have current or prior City of San Diego employment in a job classification that meets or exceeds the minimum typing requirement, you do not need to submit a typing certificate as described above, provided that this information is properly documented on your application.
- The City of San Diego classifications of Clerical Assistant I and Clerical Assistant II do NOT require a typing certificate at time of application. If you are/were a Clerical Assistant I or Clerical Assistant II with the City of San Diego, you MUST submit a copy of your typing certificate with your application.
- For verification purposes, you may be required to present the ORIGINAL of your typing certificate to the Personnel Department at any stage of the selection process.
- Proof of typing certificate for 30 net WPM, if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
- For City of San Diego employees, proof of Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA), if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
Please ensure all information is complete and accurate as the responses you provide on the supplemental questions will be reviewed using an automated evaluation system. If you are successful in this initial screening process, your application will be reviewed for applicable education, experience, and/or training to ensure all minimum requirements have been met. Successful candidates will be placed on a list which will be used to fill position vacancies during the next six months (180 days). For each vacancy, only those candidates with the most appropriate qualifications will be contacted by the hiring department for an interview.SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment offers are conditional pending the results of all screening processes that are applicable to this job, which may include but are not limited to the following: Confirmation of citizenship/legal right to work in the United States; completion of a pre-employment medical review/exam (which may include drug/alcohol testing); reference checks; and a fingerprint check. The fingerprints will be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice for a conviction record report. Certain positions may require additional screening processes which may include a polygraph examination and/or background investigation. All of these processes must be successfully completed before employment begins. A positive test for alcohol, illegal drugs, including marijuana, or inadequately explained prescription drugs, misrepresentation, falsification, or omission of pertinent facts in any step of the screening/selection process may be cause for disqualification and/or termination of employment. Nothing in this job posting constitutes an expressed or implied contract for employment with the City of San Diego. Applicants must notify the Personnel Department of any changes in their name, address (home, email), or phone number or they may miss employment opportunities.
Rev. 5 - October 18, 2019 (New Recruitment Date)
City employees may be eligible to participate in a benefit program including holidays, vacations, savings and retirement plans, health programs, and other benefits.
City employees initially hired on or after the effective date of Proposition B, a voter-approved San Diego Charter amendment to modify City employee retirement benefits, will not be eligible to participate in the City’s Defined Benefit Plan administered by the San Diego City Employees’ Retirement System.Benefits may change due to employer-employee contract negotiations.
Customer Success Center EngineerNWN CarouselEstimated $50.3K - $63.7K a yearFull-timeWeekend availabilityCompany Overview: NWN Carousel is the leading Cloud Communications Service Provider (CCSP) focused on transforming the customer and workspace experience for41 minute agoShareRemote
Burnet eStores - In Store Shopper - Full-TimeH-E-BEstimated $26.5K - $33.5K a yearFull-time8 hour shiftOverview: H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales42 minute agoShareBurnet, TX 78611
CrewDunkin'$14.50 an hourFull-timeWeekend availability +2$14.50 per hour plus tips Opportunity for growth and advancement We provide medical, dental, vision, 401K, discounted tuition, College savings 529 plans, mortgage42 minute agoShareUnited States
Crew MemberSavin Brands - Wings OverFrom $15 an hourFull-time +1Weekend availabilityOur Crew is our most valuable asset. Our Crew members work hard, support their team, and bring positive energy with them every day. A Day in the Life for our Crew42 minute agoShareBristol, CT
General Laborer HelperWaste Connections$23 an hourSpokane Transfer Station a Waste Connections Company is looking for a General Laborer to join our team in Colbert , WA. This is a full time, long term position with a51 minute agoShareColbert, WA