Director of Accounting and Finance
Job details Salary From $125,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, the job responsibilities of Director of Finance & Accounting include but are not limited to fiscal management, oversight of the financial accounting and timely reporting, implement systems, perform internal audit functions of processes and systems. Accounting and Reporting responsibilities of the Rolling Hills Clinic Finance Department. Responsible for the annual audit of the financial accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, analysis and interprets statistical and accounting information and operating results in terms of fiscal compliance, performance against budget, profitability, and other matters relating to operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains complete and systematic accounting of fiscal records for programs and accounts of the Clinic, recommending new or modified systems to provide complete and accurate financial and statistical reporting.
- Recommends to CFO Clinic fiscal policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports based on past, present and projected operations.
- Prepares financial worksheets, reports, and projections that outline the Clinics financial position needed for internal and external reporting.
- Prepares drawdowns from federal, state, or private funding source and assures compliance with regulations or other agreements.
- Prepares budget and financial forecasts, maintains and plans control procedures, including the cost accounting system, and analyzes and reports variances.
- Works with department directors and program managers on grant/contract budget to actual reports. Makes recommendations regarding financial status of programs.
- Under the direction of the CFO, acts as the lead with internal/external audits and auditors.
- Interacts with appropriate agencies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial activities.
- Prepares quarterly fiscal reports/statements for review.
- Supervises and trains the Controllers and the accounting teams. This includes preparation of evaluations and updates to job descriptions.
- Other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Accounting, Finance or Management; or 15+ years of accounting experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership in Accounting & Finance.
- Audit/ internal audit experience of 3 years required
- Working knowledge of GAAP, GASB and FASB required;
- CPA, CMA, CIA designation highly preferred.
- Clinic/IHS accounting experience preferred.
- System implementation experience preferred
- Ability to develop audit program and perform internal audit desirable
- Knowledge of federal programs and financial and procurement regulations is desirable.
- Knowledge of GASB 34 reporting procedures as relates to tribes.
- Ability to develop fiscal and procurement policies for internal control.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to produce accounting and business reports for presentation to appropriate entities.
- High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state may be required.
COVID RAPID TEST
To protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic, we prefer that you obtain a COVID Rapid Test onsite prior to date of hire. Test are performed at RH Clinic should you decide to get one done.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Rolling Hills Clinic is voluntarily entered into. All RHC personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by RHC. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Rolling Hills Clinic and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians..
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Corning, CA 96021: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Membership and Database SpecialistAssociation for Jewish StudiesJob details Salary $30 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description The Association for Jewish Studies, the largest12 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Administrative AssistantSt. Anthony Community Care CenterJob details Salary $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Customer service: 1 year12 hour agoShareMetairie, LA
Customer Service and Sales RepresentativeSmart City NetworksJob details Salary From $17 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Preferred) Full Job12 hour agoShareHouston, TX 77054
Raw Goods Purchasing ClerkPepper Source, Ltd.Job details Salary $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Clerical: 1 year (Required) US work authorization12 hour agoShareVan Buren, AR 72956
Payroll SpecialistCornerstone ValleyJob details Salary $65,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time Temporary Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Payroll management: 1 year16 hour agoShareRemote