Hotel Operations Intern
The LEAD Internship Program is a rotational training plan intended to provide an overall introduction to the operations of the hotel and to the core basics and values of the Newport Hotel Group. During the LEAD Internship Program, the intern will also receive an introduction and exposure to all departments within the hotel(s) they are working at; primarily focusing on Housekeeping and Front Office.
The intern will move through and train in the Housekeeping Department and/or the Front Office for their training. Within the Housekeeping Department, the intern will then learn the key functions and responsibilities of the Guest Room Attendants, Housepersons, and Laundry Attendants. Depending on performance, the intern may also advance to train and function as a Room Inspector. Within the Front Office, the intern will also learn the key functions and responsibilities of the Front Desk Agents and Night Auditor. The goal for each LEAD intern is to acquire and perfect as many operational and leadership skills as possible during the position rotation to further their education in hospitality and operational experience. The LEAD Internship program also serves as a strong foundation for the LEAD Manager in Training Program.
The LEAD intern will also receive skills training including, but not limited, to the following:
- Learn hotel and company service standards.
- Develop written and verbal communication skills individually and throughout departments.
- Learn operational housekeeping and front office SOPs.
- Gain a general understanding of the computer-based property management system (PMS).
- Develop an understanding of each department’s role and scope of responsibility.
- Learn departmental safety regulations and procedures.
- Learn the operational reporting procedures.
- Learn housekeeping room cleaning sequence, techniques, and inspection procedures.
- Review operation forecasting methods relation through departments and staffing methods and guidelines.
- Develop problem and complaint resolution skills.
- Further development of time management skills as it relates to the department.
Job Type: Internship
Studio/Office assistantMarket Street StudioJob details Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) High school or equivalent (Preferred) Full Job3 hour agoShareGaithersburg, MD 20878
ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGERDollar TreeReviews, coordinates, and manage the construction document process for all new, relocation, and expansion projects within assigned geographic area. Assists Real Estate3 hour agoShareChesapeake, VA
Office AdministratorGreen Building Energy Services, LLC$21 - $25 an hourJob details Salary $21 - $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 4 Qualifications Associate (Preferred) Microsoft Office: 1 year3 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Manager, Project ManagementCrownBioJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Master's (Preferred) Project Management: 5 years3 hour agoShareRemote
MAIL HANDLER ASSISTANTUnited States Postal Service$16.87 an hourJob details Salary $16.87 an hour Full Job Description United States Postal ServiceExternal Publication for Job Posting 10699974 If this job requires3 hour agoShareWallingford, CT 06492