Organizational Consultant and Business Writer
Job details Salary $60,000 - $80,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Are you super smart, intellectually curious, passionate about helping people and companies do their best work, and also a great writer? Join us for a unique opportunity to leverage your strengths in a fast-growing firm that makes a major difference in the lives of leaders and employees.
Gardner & Co (short for “Gardner & Collaborators”) is a high-growth thought leadership and advisory firm that helps prominent organizations around the globe to transform their business. It was founded by Dr. Heidi K. Gardner, Distinguished Fellow at Harvard Law School and author of the best-selling book “Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Down Silos” (Harvard Business Press, 2017). With our new book launching in ’22, this is an exciting time to join us!
We are passionate about helping senior executives transform their workplaces by improving cross-silo working, promoting diversity and inclusion, and empowering leadership behaviors throughout the company. Developing and applying innovative ideas is the lifeblood of Gardner & Co.
We are seeking a full-time (or 80%) Consultant: someone with exceptionally good writing skills who is also capable of project managing and helping to conduct robust, fast-paced, practical consulting projects for highly prestigious client organizations. You will get incredible learning opportunities working with highly experienced leaders from the world’s best consulting firms (McKinsey, Bain, BCG).
Ideally, the Consultant would be based in the greater Boston area so that regular face-to-face meetings are possible; otherwise, the location is flexible, provided that the individual works from a secure, quiet space. Occasional domestic or international travel may also be necessary to client sites.
Key characteristics and capabilities include the following:
- Exceptional writing skills: capture ideas in crisp, catchy writing. Need to synthesize thinking in flawless and elegant business language, from short client facing communication to LinkedIn posts/articles, to more substantial thought partnership pieces like articles and white papers
- Must be able to draw out insights, make connections between disparate ideas, interpret ideas and data across settings, and apply research to generate practical advice and concrete tips for leaders and professionals
- Over time, capable of engaging with client leaders, and inspiring trust in your skills and perspective
- Practical and results-driven; develops and communicate an evidence-based point of view
- Strong project management and organizational skills; proactive; independent; energetic
- Proven ability to work autonomously, creatively, collaboratively with high integrity
- Extremely high standards in terms of quality of work, plus proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with shifting priorities and under tight deadlines.
- Writing and presentation responsibilities: develop catchy yet substantive pieces, ranging from client proposals to LinkedIn posts to longer articles or whitepapers. Create interim and final project reports in full-text and presentation formats; assist Dr. Gardner’s content development for keynote speeches and support (virtual) client events.
- Consulting and research tasks: conduct and synthesize interviews of client executives and staff, along with their clients and other stakeholders; code qualitative survey data; review proprietary client documents (e.g., strategic plans); conduct market research and other literature reviews.
- Business development support: participate in meetings and calls with existing and prospective clients to help deepen relationships and expand Gardner & Co. service offerings; help identify, prepare for and follow up on business development opportunities
- Website updates: Communicate fresh research insights on the Gardner & Co website
- Project management: set and independently manage own timelines and deliverables for multiple projects with competing priorities
Interested and qualified candidates should contact Dr. Heidi Gardner. Please include a current CV, along with a statement of interest and brief description of your experience as it relates to this role at Gardner & Co. Also send writing samples – ideally short, snappy pieces that showcase your ability to communicate business concepts and provide practical how-to points. (check HBR.org for the ideal spec)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
ServiceNation - Full Time Member Experience RepresentativeEverCommerceJob details Salary $18 - $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Customer support: 1 year (Required) Customer relationship11 hour agoShareCoppell, TX 75019
Team MemberTaco Bell | Luihn VantEdge Partners LLCJob details Salary $9.00 - $10.25 an hour Full Job Description Taco Bell is looking for people who love serving customers, and want to be a part of a great11 hour agoShareLake City, SC 29560
Sales and Technical Support- RemoteAsurionJob details Salary From $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Customer service: 1 year12 hour agoShare+1 locationRemote
Membership and Database SpecialistAssociation for Jewish StudiesJob details Salary $30 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description The Association for Jewish Studies, the largest12 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Customer Care and Sales Rep- HoustonAsurionJob details Salary From $16 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Sales: 1 year12 hour agoShareHouston, TX 77064