Underwriting Support Assistant (Underwriting Call Center)
Job details Salary $18 - $21 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Location: Various Locations
Work Type: Full Time Regular
Job No: 500001
Categories: Customer Service, Remote Work
Application Closes: Open Until Filled
The Underwriting Support Assistant will be taking incoming calls from agents and producers. Performs a variety of functions within Individual Underwriting Support that contribute to the issuance and servicing of individual life and health new business applications. The underwriting support assistant collects necessary underwriting requirements via telephone, email or other underwriting business applications for the underwriter to use to determine insurance eligibility.
May perform multiple work roles with expanded knowledge and skill sets such as data entry, processing transactions and handling customer requests relating to pending or newly issued new business applications. Ensure that transactions are entered and handled correctly within underwriting business applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- May perform administrative duties to support underwriting and customer requests to include but not limited to prepping documents for scanning and mailing as well as assembly, filing and transporting of documents, resolves payments issues, and policy change requests and other administrative duties pertaining to policy output and distribution.
- May receive, analyze and process interview requests from the underwriter and contact the customer/applicant via telephone to complete health interviews. Effectively responds to and resolves customer requests by utilizing basic knowledge and skill sets, systems, procedures, regulations and other reference materials.
- May receive, analyze and process medical records requests from the underwriter and contact physician offices via telephone/fax or email to facilitate requests and obtain records. Effectively responds to and resolves customer requests by utilizing basic knowledge and skill sets, systems, procedures, regulations and other reference materials.
- Meets or exceeds time service, quality, production and other underwriting department expectations as defined by management, ensures timely responses to internal and external customers submitted via phone, email and workflow systems. Adheres to HIIPA guidelines and customer confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with customers, and internal and external business partners through various mediums including telephone, written, etc. Demonstrates good decision-making skills, communication both verbal and written and a high level of customer service expertise. Verbal and written communication is clear, concise and professional; uses appropriate grammar and spelling in written correspondence.
- Actively participates in self development opportunities with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Meets deadlines and performs successfully within a fast paced, ever changing and diverse production environment, to include multitasking, system utilization and accurately entering data to handle entire request from start to finish.
- Seeks process improvements and actively participates and facilitates team daily management huddles.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and maintain regular and predictable attendance with adherence to department expectations. Shows a sense of urgency and is accountable for results.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to assess and understand the needs of the customer.
- Strong knowledge/skill/understanding of computer systems such as email, data entry, and Microsoft products, with proficient keyboarding skills.
- Strong Attention to Detail with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates learning agility in key job functions, takes end to end ownership of assigned work load.
- Strong written and verbal communication; uses sound judgement.
- Ability to multi task effectively, work under pressure, meet deadline requirements and be flexible to meet changing customer needs.
- Actively participates in the identification, and supports implementation, of process improvements. Provides insights and recommendations of enhancements to processes, training and the quality of service delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Experience working in a call center.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $18.00 - $21.00/hr.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Make up to $40/hour at Parachute - Corsicana, TXParachute Plasma Donation - Corsicana, TXJob details Salary $25 - $40 an hour Job Type Part-time Full Job Description What is Parachute? Parachute is a brand new plasma donation center in Corsicana,09-05-2022ShareCorsicana, TX 75110
Class A CDL DriverWAYS INCJob details Salary From $300 a day Job Type Full-time Qualifications Driving: 3 years (Required) CDL A (Required) US work authorization (Preferred) Full Job09-05-2022SharePerris, CA
Part Time Handler WarehouseFedEx ExpressJob details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description Job Requisition Number: RC514072 Category: Operations Job Family: FXE-US: Handler/Dockworker Time09-05-2022ShareAustin, TX 78719100+ locations
RN Registered NurseHarrison Healthcare CenterJob details Salary Up to $39 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description A DEEPER COMPASSION, FOR A HIGHER PURPOSE. Nurses are at the heart of our09-05-2022ShareCorydon, IN 47112+31 locations
Line Cook/DishwasherBad Daddy's Burger BarJob details Salary $13 - $17 an hour Job Type Full-time Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred) Day Shift09-05-2022ShareHuntersville, NC 28078