The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for executing most Human Resources functions. This includes a variety of responsibilities such as: administrative functions, recruiting and onboarding, workers’ compensation, safety team planning, and benefits administration. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time based upon the discretion of management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of this role are divided into categories of Recruitment and Applicant Tracking Onboarding/Terminations, Recordkeeping, and Benefits Administration, and Other Duties as Assigned.
1. Recruitment and Applicant Tracking
· Post hiring ads as directed by senior management on management approved recruiting platforms and process responses according to management’s preferences. Ensure that each posting has all legally required language on it
· Maintain legally required records regarding applicant tracking
· Arrange logistics for phone screens/office interviews as requested by senior management
· Track status of all job openings to from beginning to closure
· Arrange for consistent pre-employment background checks based on company policies once a candidate is made an offer
· Retain all resumes and applications for the legally mandated period of time
· Prepare offer letters using a uniform template for senior management to send to selected candidates for each job opening (both Sales and non-Sales)
· Ensure that those who interviewed, but were not hired, are informed of their status via mail, email, or telephone
· Generate new hire paperwork for all new hires (including, but not limited to, all legally required forms and pamphlets that must be distributed to new hires), order access cards, and arrange for workstations to be set up and ready on first day of hire
· Collect all new hire paperwork required ensuring that the documentation is completed correctly, signed by all relevant parties, proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. is verified and the I-9 form is properly completed
· Construct a separate personnel file and a separate medical file and insert all relevant new hire and on-boarding paperwork into each file correctly
· Ensure distribution of Employee Handbook and collection of signed acknowledgment page
· Process all terminations to meet California and Federal employment laws (including distribution to terminating employee all legally required forms and pamphlets), inform benefits provider that employee is leaving the company, along with termination date
· Create and maintain all required employee personnel and medical files and company I-9 file.
· Maintain records of professional licensure for licensed employees and track required continuing education
· Monitor time tracking system, notify managers of wage and hour issues, and notify supervisor if issues are not corrected
· Provide appropriate support to the initial and annual performance review process including, but not limited to, distribution of forms, record of completion of performance reviews, collection and filing of completed performance reviews
· Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as the Employment Development Department, in a timely manner
· Assist in implementing process, procedure, or system changes or modifications as directed by senior management
· Collect and keep a file of all job descriptions
· Answer routine questions for employees and inform supervisor, as appropriate
· Monitor all mandated training and report status for supervisor on a regular basis.; conduct follow-up with employees as needed or directed by manager
· Ensure that EEO-1 report is filed on time each year
· Ensure that all legal requirements for record keeping are adhered to by the company
· Ensure that all labor posters are up to date and placed in a public place for all employees to see
· Work with both benefits and payroll providers to ensure that all required year-end forms are distributed to employees
4. Benefits Administration
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment
· Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress
· Construct and maintain Injury & Illness Prevention Program
5. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 to 5 years of human resources experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under time constraints in a busy environment.
- Ability to work within legally mandated, as well as company-set timeframes for all processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please reply with a cover letter and one page resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- One location
Administrative AssistantThe Geneva FoundationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Overview: The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to The Geneva17 hour agoShareUnited States
Project AdministratorBonaventure Realty GroupJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Founded in 1999, Bonaventure is a private equity real estate company headquartered in Alexandria, VA.19 hour agoShareRichmond, VA+1 location
Office ManagerDC Foundations IncFrom $25 an hourJob details Salary From $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's (Preferred) Microsoft Office: 3 years2 day agoShareKnoxville, TN 37931
Remote Live Event Manager - Video SurveillanceSALTEX GROUP$20 - $40 an hourJob details Salary $20 - $40 an hour Job Type Full-time Temporary Number of hires for this role 4 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Events2 day agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90033
Database AdministratorHealth Care Alternatives (The Bogden House)$23 - $25 an hourJob details Salary $23 - $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Temporary Contract Internship Number of hires for this role 10+ Qualifications Bachelor's3 day agoShareRemote