Writer, Donor Communications - Health Sciences Development
If you are inspired by using your exceptional writing skills to advance innovations in health care and pioneering research, we encourage you to join the UCLA Health Sciences Development (HSD) team as our Writer, Donor Communications. You will be responsible for the research, organization, writing and editing of a wide variety of printed and online donor materials, including acknowledgments, proposals, case statements, and copy. When you join UCLA Health, you become part of one of the most comprehensive and advanced health care systems in the world. Together, UCLA Health and the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA strive every day to be a model that redefines the standard of excellence in health care with an integrated mission to provide state-of-the-art patient care, train top medical professionals and support pioneering research and discovery.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Communications for HSD and working closely with faculty and colleagues, you will be responsible for the production of a wide variety of development communications materials. You will organize, write and finalize communications; edit drafts of proposals, letters, reports, and other written material for correct grammar, clarity, and proper use of language; write, edit, and/or proofread programs, speeches, and other materials as assigned for special events and priority assignments. As a member of HSD, you will be part of a work culture that fosters a strong sense of team spirit and community. We offer long-term opportunities for personal and professional development as part of a robust External Affairs enterprise serving UCLA.
**Please note, this is a hybrid position.**
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Minimum of three to five years of writing experience, preferably in health sciences and/or development writing or related fields.
2. Working knowledge of and/or ability to quickly grasp the principles and practices of donor communications and its application for fundraising purposes.
3. Demonstrated experience in writing creative and persuasive materials with a strong understanding of tone and voice; exhibits a tremendous eye for detail to compose, proofread and edit documents.
4. Experience applying writing skills to various print and online formats, including articles, letters, brochures, speeches, and websites.
5. Flexibility to switch between types of writing; equally comfortable writing in clear, simple language as well as more technical/specialized verbiage or other styles as dictated by appropriate audience.
6. Strong time and project management skills, demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize assignments, provide proficient follow up and make effective timely decisions despite tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
7. Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and be willing to offer and accept suggested changes as well as provide guidance to style, word choice, etc.
8. Dedicated, passionate, resilient, and results-oriented with demonstrated skill in succeeding at challenging assignments and producing work that is on point, on target, highly polished, and of a high standard.
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills to work well within and across other departments, as well as establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
10. Proficiency with Microsoft suite of applications as well as other applications, software, etc. for email, calendaring, database management with ability to conduct online research and learn new technologies in a prompt and efficient manner.
11. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
12. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
13. Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field is strongly preferred.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
Scientific ResearcherGenentechFull-timeThe Position Translational Oncology Scientist 2 / Scientist 3 The Department of Translational Oncology in Genentech Research has an opportunity for a highly20 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA (Mission Bay area)
Equity Research Associate - BiotechnologyPiper Sandler$85,000 - $150,000 a yearFull-timeAt Piper Sandler, we connect capital with opportunity to build a better future. We believe diverse teams with unique backgrounds, skills and experiences yield more28 minute agoShareChicago, IL 60606 (The Loop area)+1 location
BellpersonMarriott International, Inc$26.80 an hourFull-timeJob Number 23058787 Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations Location The St. Regis San Francisco, 125 Third Street, San Francisco, California, United28 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District/South Beach area)+13 locations
Busser Food RunnerMarriott International, IncFull-timeAdditional Information AM Shift Job Number 23058751 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The St. Regis Atlanta, 88 West Paces Ferry Rd, Atlanta,28 minute agoShareAtlanta, GA (Peachtree Heights West area)+11 locations
Clerk of RecordsBread Financial$22.85 - $41.40 an hourFull-timeEvery career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story. Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be28 minute agoShareRemote