$19.47 - $24.37 an hour
Full Job Description
Salary: $19.47 - $24.37 Hourly
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Job Number: 00597
Closing: 1/21/2022 4:30 PM Pacific
San Bernardino Valley College maintains a culture of continuous improvement and a commitment to provide high-quality education, innovative instruction, and services to a diverse community of learners. Its mission is to prepare students for transfer to four-year universities, to enter the workforce by earning applied degrees and certificates, to foster economic growth and global competitiveness through workforce development, and to improve the quality of life in the Inland Empire and beyond.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job; however, any additional duties will be reasonably related to this class.
Maintains buildings, furniture, and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe, condition sets up for meetings and special events.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from appropriate supervisor; checks with supervisor regarding non-routine assignments. May provide technical and functional direction to assigned student workers.
The following duties are typical for this classification.
- Maintains buildings and furniture in a clean, sanitary, safe, and secure condition during an assigned shift; cleans and performs minor maintenance repairs on assigned equipment.
- Sweeps, scrubs, and mops rooms, halls, stairway, and offices; strips, sands, refinishes, waxes, or buffs floors; vacuums and shampoos rugs and carpets; operates custodial equipment, including buffers, floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, and vacuum cleaners.
- Empties, cleans, moves, and sanitizes waste receptacles and ashtrays; picks up papers and other debris; empties pencil sharpeners as necessary.
- Dusts, cleans, and polishes furniture, woodwork, fixtures and equipment; removes cobwebs; cleans desks and countertops
- May change light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- Cleans whiteboards, trays, and erasers; arranges classroom furniture and equipment; restocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, floor mats, doors, drinking fountains and fixtures; restocks and may order supplies as needed; ensures specified sanitary standards are maintained; may perform minor pest control tasks in buildings.
- Washes walls; removes markings on walls, restroom stalls, countertops, and desks; washes windows, mirrors, and blinds; cleans filters and kitchen hoods.
- Moves furniture, equipment, or other heavy objects on request or for set-up of campus functions, meetings, and special events utilizing pallet jacks, hand trucks, or similar equipment; makes minor repairs and adjustments to building fixtures and equipment.
- Secures internal and external entry and exit doors, ensuring that windows and lights are locked and off in assigned area; raises, lowers, and replaces flags.
- Reports fire, sanitary, safety, or security hazards in buildings; reports needed maintenance or repair to the appropriate authority.
- Operates campus vehicles as required.
- Performs other duties related to the primary job duties.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
Environmental Exposure Tolerance
- Performing under physically demanding conditions
- Accepts and endures the necessity of working in unpleasant or physically demanding conditions
- Shows established adaptation and performance under unpleasant or physically demanding conditions
- Showing vigilance and care in identifying and addressing health risks and safety hazards
- Maintains high level of conscientious safety practice
- Using strength, endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Applying motor and perceptual abilities requiring no specific technique, training or conditioning
- Applying technical subject matter to the job **
- Knows the rudimentary concepts of performing the essential technical operations
- Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires**
- Accept and adjust to changes and the unfamiliar
- Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing things**
- Fix what is broken; find solutions and fixes with resources at hand
- Finds new approaches to performing familiar tasks
- Create and invent new ideas; envision the unexpected, unexplored, untried**
- Analytically and logically evaluates information to resolve problems
- Follow guide, SOP or other step by step procedures for locating the source of a problem and fixing it
- May detect ambiguous, incomplete, or conflicting information or instructions**
- Proactively obtaining and sharing information
- Chooses the right tool for the job
- Applies principles of mechanical advantage to get the work done
- Follows step-by-step assembly procedures, troubleshooting guides, and simple diagrams
- Attending to the needs and expectations of customer
- Seeks information about the immediate and longer term needs of the customer
- Anticipates what the customer may want or expect in a product or service
- Works across organizational boundaries to meet customer needs **
- Focusing on the details of work content
- Shows care and thoroughness in adhering to process and procedures that assure quality
- Applies knowledge and skill in recognizing and evaluating details of work**
- Applies skilled final touches on products
- Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Using basic features and functions of software and hardware
- Shows acceptance of individual differences
- Welcomes input and inclusion of others who may be different from oneself
- Shows understanding and empathy for the challenges of groups seeking inclusion or dealing with perceived discrimination
**Lead, Advanced or Senior Level Positions
- Formal or informal education or training that ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- Six (6) months of custodial experience that includes minor building and equipment maintenance.
License or Certificate:
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Two (2) year's + experience in custodial duties in a school environment/setting.
- Some experience with set-up and tear-down of events and organization functions.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors and gases; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces. Incumbents may be required to work evenings, nights, and weekends.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to perform moderately strenuous manual labor; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to frequently lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 40 pounds; to occasionally lift, carry, push, and/or pull heavier weight with or without assistance; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate specialized hand and power tools and equipment; operate assigned equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3351212/custodian
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Records CustodianResurgent Capital ServicesEstimated $50K - $63.3K a yearFull-timeBuilding Bridges, Moving Ahead Work hard. Play hard. Breathe Easy. That’s a nutshell description of the professionals who thrive at Resurgent. Regardless of5 day agoShareGreenville, NC
CustodianMetropolitan Transportation AuthorityFull-timeApplication Deadline December 21, 2022 Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.5 day agoShareNew York State
Cybersecurity Process and Improvements (Officer)State StreetEstimated $62.1K - $78.6K a yearFull-timeWho we are looking for: As a member of the Cyber Governance, Risk & Compliance team, this member will be responsible for GRC Process and Improvements supporting5 day agoShareQuincy, MA
Custodian at The DrawUniversity of Utah$14.87 an hourFull-time +1Day shift +1Announcement Details Open Date 11/28/2022 Requisition1 week agoShareUtah
Part Time JobsWegmans Food Markets$15 an hourPart-timeAt Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get our Best. Customers tell us they choose Wegmans for the helpful people in our stores, assistance1 week agoShareWilmington, DE 19807+20 locations